In July 2019, the International summer academy Biel will be holding master classes and public concerts for the 37th time. Since 1983, well over 1,000 talented young musicians have attended the master classes on offer and given over 300 public concerts. More than 20 lecturers have worked on the individual technique of the students in countless lessons and thus provided important impulses for their musical careers.
The International summer academy is not only rooted in the region, it is also known well beyond national borders: Musical talents come from all over Europe, Asia, Australia, Eastern Europe and America. The public concerts during the 10 days of the course testify to the high level of the speakers and participants and enjoy an excellent reputation in the cultural life of Biel.
- Conduction of master classes with renowned professors, annually in July under the name "International Summer Academy Biel/Bienne" master classes for music through,
- Artistic, organisational and financial sponsor of the Summer Academy
- Promotion of young musicians in the field of classical and contemporary music.Organisation of public concerts, which are played primarily by professors and course participants of the International Summer Academy.
- Involvement of an orchestra or ensemble or other musicians to supplement the course and concert offerings.
- Cooperation with other institutions in Biel and the region.
- Non-profit-making action and use of financial means solely for charitable purposes.